Discussion Forum 1: What do You Know about English? (Optional, DUE on 6/29)
English has long been part of our life (no matter why and how it is involved).
Please share with us what you know about English and what you EXPECT to know about English.
Name:紀乃嘉 English was kind of communication tool between the English-speaking country. We’ve ,as a non-English speaking country,been learn about using English in purpose of contacting with the world because English is a worldwide language that most of parents with conscious would force their kid to learn English no matter how reluctantly kids are aware of the importance. In my own opinion,I expect that I could realize the meaning of this common language that almost everyone have been contact with in our normal life. I’m striving to make my English better, but also want to know about why I should work so hard doing this.
Name:林庭亘 English has long been my favorite subject and language in my life.I have known about English since my childhood;I don't know if it is the culture of America and England that make me so indulge in learning English.English is a part of some people's lives,for being a language,being a subject even being a job.For me,English is a communication tool which can allow me to communicate with the foreigners and go to abroad without being afraid that I can't talk with people who are not living in the countries that using Chinese as their first language.In addition,English can be more than a boring subject that I have to learn in the school course.I like to watch American Series and British Series so much that I can learn a lot of English talking patterns and special words from the Series.Therefore,English can be many things in many ways.I think this is culture's meaning in the world and English is a part of it.I am desperate for progressing my English and learning some greek mythology things using English as media.
Name:蕭天松 I liked to make friends with all kinds of people. If I want to expanded circle of my life, English will be the best tool to help me to achieve this goal. Furthermore, it can help me broadened my horizon as well while I chatting with foreigners. I sometimes have a bit incredible feeling as I used English to talk with real people. It is amazing. I like to travel. If the more languages I own, the more countrys can I explore. I think language can tell us its culture history, just like reading a fantastic story. Most important of all, anything needs it. LOL
In my opinion, English is a trend. Just like Chinese was the trend in the 7th century, when Silk Road stood for wealth and prestigious. Merchants who needed to trade with Chinese would spare no effort learning Chinese, and THAT’S IT. Not that they thought Chinese were a beautiful language (not at first, at least), all their purposes was to earn as much as they could. Same meaning, we learn English now because it’s an international trend. It’s all about the “Keep up, or starve yourself.” thing. I believe that most of the English learners my age didn’t choose to learn it at first, but forced to learn it instead. That’s not something bad, at least for me. I picked up English at an early age, and thus am able to appreciate the beauty of it, luckily. If asked what I would like to know about English, the history of it would be my biggest interest. How it was in the beginning (Like where”thou”and”thee”came from), what made it evolutes to the state we use now (“you”), and what it will become in the future.
Name:張昭儀 What is English ? I would say that it is definitely a language ,a world language. Since the UK is the most advanced industrialized country in the past , and to add on , America reversed the results of two world wars then it became the world power, English is destined to be the world language. So, English has long been part of our life! English, to me, is a very important tool. I can use it to communicate with foreigners and to better understand the western culture. I can travel around the world by my own without being afraid of got lost abroad. I can read the original novels without waiting the translations. Furthermore, if I feel attached to a blond, and I would have the chance to grab my own happiness! (haha)
Name:李冠穎 With the communication between two nations has become more and more frequently.It is high time to keep pace with the rapid globalization.But the another question is how to keep up with it?It is my opinion that having a well two-way communication is the most importantn of all, so English has played a great role in communication. Learning languages is a long way to go, but the more length you progress, the more chances to open a door for youself. Moreover, English is a tool to let you explore other culture and society of other races; Therefore, it will reduce most of the collisions and also many racialism.
Name:羅郁婷 English is the special and important language in my life. I have been study English since I was in kindergarten. For me, English was my daily tool when I was in childhood because I love to chat with English teacher. Though when I growing up, English was not my favorite subject anymore. But I still believe that English have played an important role in our life, no matter what kind of jobs or even just go out to play, we must use lots of English to communicate with each other. Thus I expect to make my English becoming better and better.
From all your posts above, I believe you do agree that English is one of the most important communication tools and would like to keep learning more about it. Of course, based on our class discussion, you might even notice that English could be more than a tool, but a living entity, just like you and me! Yes, it is evolving and has actually been so since its birth around 1,500 years ago! Let's just dig out more of the fun facts about this language!
Name:何家瑜 The first time I learn English is when I was in kindergarten.At that time ,I just know that English was an interesting subject to learn.However,when I grow up I find that English isn‘t funny anymore,it is just a subject for test.English is a kind of language,a kind of tool to communicate with others,not just a subject for test.In this class,I find that English is evolving,an important tool to communicate,a funny subject that I want to learn more about it and learn languages can help me boarden my horizons.I hope I can learn a lot in this class.
Name:紀乃嘉
ReplyDeleteEnglish was kind of communication tool between the English-speaking country. We’ve ,as a non-English speaking country,been learn about using English in purpose of contacting with the world because English is a worldwide language that most of parents with conscious would force their kid to learn English no matter how reluctantly kids are aware of the importance. In my own opinion,I expect that I could realize the meaning of this common language that almost everyone have been contact with in our normal life. I’m striving to make my English better, but also want to know about why I should work so hard doing this.
Name:林庭亘
ReplyDeleteEnglish has long been my favorite subject and language in my life.I have known about English since my childhood;I don't know if it is the culture of America and England that make me so indulge in learning English.English is a part of some people's lives,for being a language,being a subject even being a job.For me,English is a communication tool which can allow me to communicate with the foreigners and go to abroad without being afraid that I can't talk with people who are not living in the countries that using Chinese as their first language.In addition,English can be more than a boring subject that I have to learn in the school course.I like to watch American Series and British Series so much that I can learn a lot of English talking patterns and special words from the Series.Therefore,English can be many things in many ways.I think this is culture's meaning in the world and English is a part of it.I am desperate for progressing my English and learning some greek mythology things using English as media.
Name:蕭天松
ReplyDeleteI liked to make friends with all kinds of people. If I want to expanded circle of my life, English will be the best tool to help me to achieve this goal. Furthermore, it can help me broadened my horizon as well while I chatting with foreigners. I sometimes have a bit incredible feeling as I used English to talk with real people. It is amazing.
I like to travel. If the more languages I own, the more countrys can I explore.
I think language can tell us its culture history, just like reading a fantastic story.
Most important of all, anything needs it. LOL
In my opinion, English is a trend. Just like Chinese was the trend in the 7th century, when Silk Road stood for wealth and prestigious. Merchants who needed to trade with Chinese would spare no effort learning Chinese, and THAT’S IT. Not that they thought Chinese were a beautiful language (not at first, at least), all their purposes was to earn as much as they could. Same meaning, we learn English now because it’s an international trend. It’s all about the “Keep up, or starve yourself.” thing. I believe that most of the English learners my age didn’t choose to learn it at first, but forced to learn it instead. That’s not something bad, at least for me. I picked up English at an early age, and thus am able to appreciate the beauty of it, luckily.
ReplyDeleteIf asked what I would like to know about English, the history of it would be my biggest interest. How it was in the beginning (Like where”thou”and”thee”came from), what made it evolutes to the state we use now (“you”), and what it will become in the future.
Oops, forgot this.【 Name:陳曦 】
DeleteName:張昭儀
ReplyDeleteWhat is English ? I would say that it is definitely a language ,a world language. Since the UK is the most advanced industrialized country in the past , and to add on , America reversed the results of two world wars then it became the world power, English is destined to be the world language. So, English has long been part of our life!
English, to me, is a very important tool. I can use it to communicate with foreigners and to better understand the western culture. I can travel around the world by my own without being afraid of got lost abroad. I can read the original novels without waiting the translations. Furthermore, if I feel attached to a blond, and I would have the chance to grab my own happiness! (haha)
Name:李冠穎
ReplyDeleteWith the communication between two nations has become more and more frequently.It is high time to keep pace with the rapid globalization.But the another question is how to keep up with it?It is my opinion that having a well two-way communication is the most importantn of all, so English has played a great role in communication.
Learning languages is a long way to go, but the more length you progress, the more chances to open a door for youself. Moreover, English is a tool to let you explore other culture and society of other races; Therefore, it will reduce most of the collisions and also many racialism.
Name:羅郁婷
ReplyDeleteEnglish is the special and important language in my life. I have been study English since I was in kindergarten. For me, English was my daily tool when I was in childhood because I love to chat with English teacher. Though when I growing up, English was not my favorite subject anymore. But I still believe that English have played an important role in our life, no matter what kind of jobs or even just go out to play, we must use lots of English to communicate with each other. Thus I expect to make my English becoming better and better.
From all your posts above, I believe you do agree that English is one of the most important communication tools and would like to keep learning more about it. Of course, based on our class discussion, you might even notice that English could be more than a tool, but a living entity, just like you and me! Yes, it is evolving and has actually been so since its birth around 1,500 years ago!
ReplyDeleteLet's just dig out more of the fun facts about this language!
Name:何家瑜
ReplyDeleteThe first time I learn English is when I was in kindergarten.At that time ,I just know that English was an interesting subject to learn.However,when I grow up I find that English isn‘t funny anymore,it is just a subject for test.English is a kind of language,a kind of tool to communicate with others,not just a subject for test.In this class,I find that English is evolving,an important tool to communicate,a funny subject that I want to learn more about it and learn languages can help me boarden my horizons.I hope I can learn a lot in this class.